On July 14, 2015, ALM’s Legaltech News unveiled the winners of the 2015 LTN Innovation Awards, an annual recognition of the best legal technology leaders, products and projects in the legal community. Tikit and Carpe Diem won the LTN Innovation Award for “Best Time and Billing Software”. Overall, there were 26 award honorees including 6 law firm/law department and 20 technology vendor winners.
Below is an abstract from the award winning award application … on Tikit and innovation:
Being part of the BT Group, one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, provides the scalability and investment to ensure Tikit solutions continually evolve to meet the demands of their legal clients in the US and worldwide. The largest single investment by the BT Group into the Tikit product portfolio has been directed toward Carpe Diem Timekeeping. Carpe Diem has innovated law firm timekeeping in many ways:
- First to offer a single, holistic timekeeping application that provides the ability to capture and manage time anywhere, anytime and on any platform;
- First to offer a consumer-driven experience designed for both the modern professional and modern law firm;
- First to offer embedded passive timekeeping providing the ability to find and convert electronic activities into time entries, including “best match” filtering;
- Provides a management console providing actionable information regarding timekeeping performance for the individual lawyer, practice group as well as the firm;
- First to introduce effective timekeeping performance metrics like the ‘velocity of time capture’ metric used to track the lag time between when the time was worked and when it was entered into the system.
LTN Innovation Award nominations were solicited from the magazine’s subscribers and through the publication’s website. Award recipients were selected by a panel of judges comprised of members of Legaltech News’ editorial staff.