Tikit Carpe Diem
The bottom line is, well, the bottom line. We get that. So we’ll help you increase revenue with our industry leading desktop and mobile time recording applications, which will integrate directly with your firms billing software.
You’ll watch the margins grow with our sophisticated reporting and analytics for when the devil is in the detail.
With exceptional functionality and ease of use, timekeeping is made easy, billing becomes timely, cash flow is improved and time is never lost as a result of clever ‘best match’ technology. In addition you can increase billing transparency (with expenses and disbursements capture) and improve resource management (with our new forecasting and workload management tool).
Time recording made easy
Carpe Diem supplies a chronological view of each working day, so that all billable time is all in one place.
Record time anywhere anytime – truly mobile time recording
The adaptability of Carpe Diem means you can capture and manage billable time across every platform consistently, whether your on a train, plane, in the office, online or offline.
Time finder technology
What makes Carpe Diem unique is its ‘Time finder’ technology. Unlike all other timekeeping solutions on the market, users are not confronted with hundreds of possible missed-time entries, simply the ones that should be recorded. ‘Time finder’ also allows users to auto-populate timesheets based on their digital footprint, or to find missing time by responding to intelligent prompts.
Predictive assistance and glossary
Predictive assistance auto-completes forms with predictive searches, and provides in-line spell checks, so the process of entering information is quick, easy and smooth. The powerful best match technology embeds activity data directly within the timekeeping workflow, automatically populating timesheets so you don’t start with a blank page to laboriously fill in.
The glossary feature allows you to attach shorthand terms to words or phrases you use often, so instead of having to type everything over again, simply type your shorthand and the field will be populated.
State of the art reporting
A powerful management console allows firms to effectively monitor and measure timekeeping performance and identify how much billable time is still available. Fully customisable metrics and dashboards supply actionable management information at the press of a button.
Expenses and disbursements
Our clients are used to entering their time through Carpe Diem, something they do every day, so it makes perfect sense to capture expenses (whether or not they are chargeable to a client), using exactly the same interface.
Key benefits include:
- Using the same easy-to-use interface as for time recording – only one application to learn
- No duplication of effort – one place to record all matter related charges
- Immediate recording of expenses reduces write-offs for late submission
- Photos of expenses receipts can be uploaded while mobile
Forecasting and workload management
It is only a short step for legal professionals to enter in to the same interface the time they expect to work in the weeks / months to come. If firms are able to anticipate the work that timekeepers will be doing in the future, they can add these estimates to Tikit Carpe Diem allowing the timekeeper to convert the forecasts to actual time as they “work it”. This provides not only insight into the accuracy of estimates (by comparing against actual billable time recorded), but also helps in predicting workloads for individuals, teams and offices.
Key features include:
- Allowance of forward-recording of planned time
- Comprehensive forecasting dashboards for reviewing work allocation by individual, practice group, office, etc.
- Enables tactical initiatives designed to drive work to under-utilized areas
- Dynamic reallocation of work to those with spare capacity
Automate routine tasks
Carpe Diem can provide firms with the tools to automate specific tasks within the time and billing process.
Timekeeping has a big impact on a firm’s revenue. Clearly the more time that can be logged the more money you earn. Conversely, the more time spent collecting time. the more money you notionally lose. It therefore makes sense to automate how time is collected and fed through to the billing system as much as possible.
Improve efficiency in Outside Counsel Guidelines compliance
- Carpe Diem provides the ability to attach relevant OCG commentary/notes against any input fields that makes up a time entry. For example, on selection of client or matter relevant OCG information is made available to guide the user.
- As a web application the entire OCG policy can be referenced within the timekeeping entry form regardless of its location
Integration with Thompson Reuters E-billing Hub (EBH)
- Carpe Diem has direct integration with EBH rules allowing the firm to validate in REAL TIME on every “save” or “submit” of a time entry. This seamless integration ensures better EBH compliance at the billing stage.
Carpe Diem is configurable for all industry standard validation ‘rules’ including :
- Timekeepers (permission to work on matter)
- Dates (does entry fall into the allowable range)
- Value or increment (is value within allowable range (per entry / per day / per month)
- Properties (phase / task / activity codes and any user defined field )
- Narrative ( words / phrases / punctuations/ counts)
Third party validation
- A mechanism that can attach any validation rule to the “save” or “submit”: process in Carpe Diem. Any validation can return customizable messages to the user as well as time entry status.
Integrated e-billing and ethical wall validation improve compliance, reduce risk and improve cash flow. Finance teams can track and reduce the lag between activity, time-capture, billing and cash. This functionality also means firms can quickly generate real-time billing reports that give clients more confidence in the firm and enrich the client relationships.
Delivered your way
Tikit Carpe Diem can be delivered in the way best suited to your firms strategy:
- On premise
- Mobile applications
Integrated with Thomson Reuters eBilling Hub for a seamless process from time recorded to time billed.
Carpe Diem complies with the highest security standards and is a MobileIron AppConnect-enabled iOS application. This provides Carpe Diem all the benefits of being resident in a MobileIron protected secure container.
Making time work for you
Or watch the 10 truths of time keeping webinar that Peter Zver presented for ILTA members.
Listen to a recent discussion between Peter Zver (President, Tikit North America) and Ari Kaplan (Author of Reinventing Professionals), where they discuss how timekeeping generally and Carpe Diem have evolved in the last 18 months.
Read one of our most recent articles:
View one of our popular ILTA educational webinars:
Time for a timekeeping audit
How to increase law firm revenue and profitability by improving time capture data
Read one of our blogs:
To find out about Tikit Carpe Diem Mobile click here.
Case study Carpe Diem Data SheetDownload PDF
Case study Meunier Carlin & Curfman Case StudyDownload PDF
Case study Kammeradvokaten Case StudyDownload PDF
Case study 10 Truths of Legal TimekeepingDownload PDF
Want to know more? Get in touch
Tikit on Twitter
UK Legal 500 law firm Girlings Solicitors chooses Tikit to supply practice, case and CRM solutionRead more