Built with legal aid requirements in mind
If your firm has any type of Legal Aid contract you will know that staying in line with LAA regulations is your main priority. With the Tikit P4W legal aid module, keeping compliant need not be a hassle. The complex and time consuming administrative processes are taken care of.
The Tikit P4W Legal Aid module contains comprehensive and flexible billing facilities and automatically creates the appropriate claim.
The system is kept up to date with LAA changes as part of your ongoing maintenance, so you can be sure your firm is compliant.
Legal aid functionality:
- Matter set up: Set up any civil or criminal case with all the variations on the required data for each case type.
- Time recording: Electronic time recording and billing is becoming a necessity for all types of legal aid work, even for fixed fee matters, so Tikit P4W makes it easy to time record (whether manually, automatically or ‘silently’) at the rate appropriate to the matter at that time. As the matter progresses, and this is reflected in the matter properties, the system takes care of all changes in the rates, fees and limits accordingly.
- Disbursements and expenses: It is easy to note any disbursement liabilities, whether invoiced or not, i.e. can include a memo posting. In addition, expenses, for example travel costs, can be posted directly as required and in accordance with cashier approved set-up, which makes them immediately available for billing. These functions promote good risk management in your business processes ensuring such costs are not overlooked when making claims.
- Drafting and finalising claims: Easily draft all types of claim, from fixed fee and consolidated monthly claims to all types of CLS, CDS and Crown Court claims (including exception claims). The system will automatically apportion costs appropriately for all work but manual adjustments can be made, as required. The claims, whilst drafted, can be sent for approval prior to finalisation. Users can go backwards and forwards between claim types – for example, a bail back case.
- Bulk upload to LAA Online: Includes a bulk upload and bulk reconciliation program for easy uploading of monthly claims and reconciliation of accounts. The system is CCMS ready.
A recent survey suggested that as much as 36% of professional time is spent on admin processes, such as re-entering data. But that is about to change!
Tikit’s FormShare enables firms to use Adobe PDF Forms as an efficient method of electronically capturing data. Once a PDF form has been completed the data is automatically extracted into the P4W database.
Join Tikit and The Law Society on Wednesday 11th September at 12:30pm for a webinar to see how technology can reduce your costs and increase your margins, for Legal Aid work.
Click here for more information.