All types of civil and criminal contract
If your firm has any type of legal aid contract you will understand the need to have software that is fully compliant and up-to-date with the LAA regulations. It also needs to take care of the complex administrative processes and be easy to use for all staff. The industry leading P4W legal aid module has been built with this is mind.
What is the P4W legal aid module?
Our legal aid module is a comprehensive IT system for law firms undertaking publicly funded work. It contains and maintains all current legal aid contracts and allows multiple schedules across multiple branches.
The module contains comprehensive and flexible billing facilities and automatically creates the appropriate claim.
The system is kept up to date with LAA changes as part of your ongoing maintenance so you can be sure your firm is compliant.
Legal aid functionality
- Matter Set Up: Set up any civil or criminal case with all the variations on the required data for each case type
- Time Recording: Electronic time recording and billing is becoming a necessity for all types of legal aid work, even for fixed fee matters, so P4W makes it easy to time record (whether manually, automatically or ‘silently’) at the rate appropriate to the matter at that time. As the matter progresses, and this is reflected in the matter properties, the system takes care of all changes in the rates, fees and limits accordingly.
- Disbursements and Expenses: Easy to note any disbursement liabilities, whether invoiced or not, i.e. can include a memo posting. In addition, expenses, for example travel costs, can be posted directly as required and in accordance with cashier approved set-up, which makes them immediately available for billing. These functions promote good risk management in your business processes ensuring such costs are not overlooked when making claims.
- Drafting and Finalising Claims: Easily draft all types of claim, from fixed fee and consolidated monthly claims to all types of CLS, CDS and Crown Court claims (including exception claims). The system will automatically apportion costs appropriately for all work but manual adjustments can be made, as required. The claims, whilst drafted, can be sent for approval prior to finalisation. Users can go backwards and forwards between claim types – for example, a bail back case.
- Bulk Upload to LAA Online: Includes a bulk upload and bulk reconciliation program for easy uploading of monthly claims and reconciliation of accounts. The system is CCMS ready.
We have also developed a unique PDF data capture product called FormShare that is perfect for legal aid lawyers on the move. Click here to find out more.
Case study P4W and Legal AidDownload PDF
Case study Fisher Jones Greenwood Legal Aid Case StudyDownload PDF
What to know more? Get in touch
Tikit on Twitter
Tikit announces its flagship Practice and Case Management solution, P4W, has been included on HMRC’s list of VAT compatible software products for Making Tax Digital (MTD)Read more