Software Support Manager
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a high performing team of Support Analysts to provide industry leading customer excellence.
- Responsible for investigating, and managing, SQL performance issues on our products and internal applications.
- Become proficient at all Tikit’s IP and Partnered software. To be able to hold technical conversations about these.
- Provide regular performance reviews and appraisals with team members as per the company’s guidelines.
- Act as an escalation point for the Support team and clients on any serious or business critical issue. Ensure the Head of Global Support is aware of any escalation or potentially serious issues.
- Make sure the team are providing a high level of service to the clients. Liaison with clients should be primarily by phone unless email contact is preferred by the client.
- Ensure the team’s routines and scripts are documented and distributed within Support where appropriate.
- The team’s support logs should be monitored so they reflect an accurate representation of the communication they have had with the client. The state of the call should be clear so that at any time a call could be taken on by another member of the team without requiring further input from the originator.
- All communication within Tikit, whether to clients or colleagues, should be professional with a high standard of written and spoken English.
- You are expected to continually develop your team’s understanding of the products and identify any gaps in knowledge. You should use your own initiative to do this and arrange training as appropriate. External training requirements should be highlighted to your line manager.
- For any issue identified as software fault the team are expected to raise the necessary documentation and support QA where appropriate.
- Ensure the team answer the Support line quickly and as described in our best practice document.
- Ensure your team are available to work between the stated hours of business and that we have sufficient coverage to support the products within business hours. On occasion, you and members of the team will be required to do remote support and be on call for clients out of hours and at the weekend. This is compensated at an appropriate overtime charge.
- Management of the 24/7 support provision.
- You are expected to follow, and endorse to the team, the department’s Data Handling policy when dealing with client data. Client data should be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- The role will require occasional client visits and attendance to application User Groups.
- Liaison with Sales where consultancy or chargeable work is identified.
- Job standards must be kept up to date.
- Adopting and promoting the department’s policies and procedures. Ensuring the team adhere to the ISO 9001 framework.
- Maintain active relationships with other department managers to make sure issues are transferred or escalated to the appropriate team.
- Any task that is reasonably requested by the Head of Global Support.
The skills and experience you need:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical supervisory/team leader role.
- IT Qualifications – computing degree or equivalent industry qualification.
- Very strong and detailed knowledge of MS SQL Server including scripting.
- Reasonable development/programmatic skills to assist with diagnosing complex support issues.
- Experience of working with relational databases, primarily Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent telephone manner with clear communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directing, results orientated, positive, determined, motivated and inclusive.
- Experience of client relationships, confidence and presence to deal with clients at all levels as appropriate.
- Expected to balance the duties of their role and requests from management.
- To adopt priorities and engage in activities that promote the effective working of the whole Support team.
- Set a positive and professional example to all colleagues, Tikit partners and customers. To develop a positive and trusted relationship with all departments across Tikit.
- Ability to work on own initiative and understand the products supported by Tikit.
- Good telephone manner with excellent, clear communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong desire to improve our customer satisfaction scores.
- Inspire, innovate and drive a high performing team to continually improve.
- Ability to nurture a positive image of the company and to adhere, and positively contribute, to the company’s rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture.
- Good at understanding business impact and working practices when dealing with customers.