Senior Software Developer
The jobholder will be a key member of the development team working on one of Tikit’s core software products, which is actively developed and marketed into the legal profession. This role includes working on existing code, as well as developing new applications in a variety of technologies, both old and new.
As a software developer, your list of tasks includes:-
- Provide a senior programming resource for the development of new and existing applications.
- Assisting with the production of detailed technical specifications
- Working closely with the QA Team, Product Managers and other team members to ensure products are developed to high standards and meet stated requirements.
- Self testing of code in controlled environment before handing over to QA, to ensure code is fit for purpose.
- Provide 3rd Line support for the support department where program or data irregularities occur.
- Assisting with the peer review of other code.
- Work with other team members to enhance the product and ensure best code standards are met.
The skills and experience you need
The individual needs to be seen as a professional who cares about his work, follows industry standards and strives to deliver high quality software.
- IT Knowledge: Sound knowledge of IT platforms and IT services (incl. software, hardware, networks & telecoms, outsource/managed services). Experience with working on complex software projects.
- Experience: Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience working with the following technologies:- Microsoft C#; Microsoft SQL Server; Visual Studio 2013+; Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO); Web Services (SOAP,REST); and ASP.NET. A working knowledge of C++ will be beneficial, as there will be dependencies on core software written in C++.
- Able to demonstrat0e that they have worked on complex projects.
- The candidate will have a good understanding Microsoft Office technologies, some experience of Document Management Systems.
- Education / ability: A strong academic background or equivalent industry experience. A sharpness and smartness to deal with abstract technical problems.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good interpersonal skills.
Industry awareness: Good knowledge of key technologies relevant to products. Clear vision of how technology is evolving and what differentiates products/solutions.
To apply please forward your current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
(Please no agencies)