Project Manager (Development PMO)
Why this role matters:
The job holder will be responsible for the day to day project management for a number of software development projects which will ultimately contribute to the delivery of the Tikit development programme plan.
Duties of the Project Manager include the full-lifecycle delivery of Tikit Software including taking Tikit live on products where required.
The Project Manager will adopt a matrix management style, working closely with the all of the other departments in Tikit (and externally where appropriate) to ensure projects are delivered to the agreed performance criteria.
You are authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when you need to do so to perform your operational duties. Any other access, use, or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority from the information owner.
What you’ll be doing
Activities will include:
- The Project Manager will be responsible for managing Tikit Development projects
- Project Management – provide leadership and management to ensure outputs/ outcomes are delivered
- Ensure projects are delivered to the agreed performance criteria (and within tolerance), whilst controlling changes in scope which are inevitable in a development environment
- Take the PM lead in all appropriate development projects as defined by the programme manager including external stakeholders where required (Other Tikit teams, 3rd party suppliers and occasionally clients)
- Establish, monitor and control projects. Engage and communicate with stakeholders as required
- Ensure risks/ issues/ assumptions and dependencies are captured, monitored and controlled throughout the life of a project, reporting any exceptions in a timely manner
- Close projects and handover assets to relevant stakeholders in an organised and efficient manner
- Encourage openness and transparency so that Tikit is aware of the current status of any project
- Ensure all internal systems are kept updated with the current status of the project as required
- Effective management of multiple concurrent projects
- Produce project plans and logs for projects and ensure these are kept up to date and shared as required
- Lead on internal development and non-software development projects as required by the business.
The skills and experience you need:
Experience: Proven experience in project management leading internal, client and 3rd party resources to ensure projects are delivered to the agreed performance criteria. Knowledge/ Experience of Programme Management Office functions, Technical environments and Software Development. Knowledge of Legal sector Technologies would be beneficial
IT Knowledge: Sound knowledge of IT platforms and IT services (incl. software, hardware, networks & telecoms, outsource/managed services). Experience with working on complex projects. Experienced in using Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Professional Certifications – Qualified and proven experience of pragmatic project delivery using structured delivery/lifecycle methodologies eg: MSP, PRINCE2, DSDM, Agile
Attitude & approach: Flexible, with a driven and enthusiastic approach to enable the timely delivery of Tikit software to the highest standards. The ability to work on own or as part of a team
Communication: Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills. Ensuring project communication is pitched at the right level to the right audience delivering transparency of message.
Please contact helen.mcConnon@tikit.com