Product Manager (Carpe Diem)
The jobholder will be responsible for the management of one of Tikit’s core software products, which is used for Time Capture. This includes working with third parties, owning, developing and implementing the product strategy throughout the product lifecycle. The lifecycle encompasses requirements gathering, creating and delivering product roadmaps, assisting during the product development phase, through to the transition from development to sales and support.
What you’ll be doing:
- Product strategy: owning all aspects of product strategy including research, roadmap creation and delivery. Working with the marketing team on pricing, proposition and go to market strategy. Use market analysis to create business cases for new product features/enhancements. Ensure the product strategy is driven by commercial demand with the ability to justify the strategy with a gap analysis.
- Product development: assist during the developing phase to ensure product features meet expectations and road maps.
- Product delivery: taking an active part in the process to ensure the delivery of quality product(s) with the correctly specified features, on time in conjunction with the rest of the development and QA teams.
- Product marketing: working with the marketing team to produce marketing plans/ strategy and produce collateral for such products for internal/external use.
- Sales Support: supporting the sales team to ensure products are correctly understood and correctly positioned in the market.
- Product champion: be the internal advocate of the product(s) including conducting presentations and training where required.
- Market intelligence: being the central ‘knowledge bank’ on the market relating to the product. Gain an understanding of Tikit’s position and competitors’ based on an analysis of legal technology market and evolving customer needs.
- Presentations: conduct product demonstrations externally and internally as required, and communicating our roadmaps and strategic vision for the product(s). This may include speaking at industry events.
The skills and experience you need:
- Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of four years’ experience working in a product role in a software company (or with software products) ideally within the legal or professional services sector. The candidate with a proven track record of commercial and/or technical achievement. The candidate will ideally have experience of Time Capture Systems, and some exposure to cloud based solutions.
- Sound knowledge of IT platforms and IT services (incl. software, hardware, networks & telecoms, outsource/managed services). Experience with working on complex projects.
- Collaborative approach to road maps, with the ability to work as part of a team, tenacious and seen as the product owner. Ability to facilitate discussion for the product roadmap, with the strength of character to make tough commercial decisions.
- Able to own the whole lifecycle of a product. Ability to work to tight times scales, to innovate, and ‘think outside the box’ to deliver products and solutions that meet customer requirements. Able to identify and schedule activities and resources in order to meet objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills. Able to work with suppliers, customers and colleagues alike.
- Good knowledge of key technologies relevant to products. Clear vision of how technology is evolving in key business areas & what differentiates products/solutions.
- Able to demonstrate awareness of and contribution to Tikit’s commercial strategies including understanding of the external environment such as competitors and associated products and services. Able to undertake risk analysis at each stage in the lifecycle.
- Understand the key drivers, competitive pressures, business imperatives which affect the market relating to the product. Understand the degree to which a product or service meets the need of the market.
- Able to use the standard business tools provided for you in your role and to work across the business in a standardised manner.
To apply please forward your current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
(Please no agencies)