Product Manager – EMS
Together with The Marketing and Commercial Director, the jobholder will be responsible for the management of one Tikit’s core ecosystems, which focuses on Marketing and CRM. The jobholder will then become fully responsible for the management of one of Tikit’s core software products over short period. The Marketing and CRM ecosystem consists of two elements of Tikit IP (Tikit eMarketing and Tikit Connect) along with a third party product, Introhive. Consequently, the role includes working with third parties and contributing to the Tikit product strategy. In order to maintain a close connection with the client base and the prodcts, the jobholder will work directly with the Marketing and CRM ecosystem within the Tikit Marketing function, using the products on a daily basis to deliver actual marketing tasks. The aim is that the Product Manager gets a “users eye view” of how the products are working and associated pain points.
The Product Manager will be expected to be involved at all parts of the Tikit product lifecycle. The lifecycle encompasses requirements gathering, creating and delivering product roadmaps, assisting during the product development phase, through to the transition from development to sales and support. The role also encompasses a client success element, ensuring that our clients are happy with our product set and that they are prepared to act as references and case studies for them.
A core part of the role is to be in constant contact with the client base, forming successful and trusted relationships with them to evangelise the Tikit product set, demonstrate the value add that Tikit brings to their business and to draw from them requirements for the development of our products or integrations. The Product Manager will also work to understand external influencing factors such market trends and product competition. As with all product based roles, the individual must have vision, be seen as the product champion, and able to “hear the customer’s voice” at each stage.
The individual shall be seen as a recognised authority by senior leaders within the Tikit. Be credible both internally and externally and able to facilitate and mediate. Able to have vision and add direction. As part of this authority, the individual may be required to lead and present product demonstrations to customers, customer events, and Tikit staff.
What you’ll be doing:
- Product strategy: in conjunction with the Product Manager assist with the development of product strategy including research, roadmap creation and delivery. Working with the marketing team on pricing, proposition and go to market strategy. Use market analysis to create business cases for new product features/enhancements. Ensure the product strategy is driven by commercial demand with the ability to justify the strategy with a gap analysis.
- Product development: assist during the developing phase to ensure product features meet expectations and road maps. It is important that required features are developed in a way that is intuitive to end users and that the overall experience of using our products is a good one. The jobholder will need to have a deep understanding of the target audience, and what they expect when working with software products.
- Product delivery: taking an active part in the process to ensure the delivery of quality product(s) with the correctly specified features, on time in conjunction with the rest of the development and QA teams. The Product Manager will be expected to undertake some end user type product testing of both features and entire process to ensure that they match expectation. There will also be a requirement to work with QA to make sure the tests, particularly the regression tests, are an effective representation of common user process to make sure that the delivered product is of good quality.
- Product marketing: working with the marketing team to produce marketing plans/ strategy and produce collateral for such products for internal/external use.
- Sales Support: supporting the sales team to ensure products are correctly understood and correctly positioned in the market. There will be the requirement to demonstrate the product and its features in a way that makes sense to end-users and is in line with their daily activities.
- Product champion: be the internal advocate of the product(s) including conducting presentations at user groups, and training where required.
- Client advocate: be the person who interfaces between the clients and the internal teams at Tikit to swiftly deal with emerging issues that are not simple support queries. The requirement here is for clients to come to know and trust the Product Manager and for Tikit as a whole to deliver an excellent client experience. This element of the role also encompasses the prioritisation of product enhancements based on client feedback and in conjunction with the development team and Product Manager.
- Market intelligence: being the central ‘knowledge bank’ on the market relating to the product. Gain an understanding of Tikit’s position and competitors’ based on an analysis of legal technology market and evolving customer needs.
- Presentations: conduct product demonstrations externally and internally as required, and communicating our roadmaps and strategic vision for the product(s). This will include speaking at industry events both within the UK and overseas.
The skills and experience you need:
The candidate will have a very good understanding of Marketing and CRM, possibly within a law firm environment, and an understanding of the technologies that go support these functions. The successful applicant will have to develop an understanding of Tikit’s own products, its partner products and the strengths and weaknesses of these against the competition.
- Experience: Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a customer facing role ideally in the legal or professional services sector with a proven track record of commercial and/or technical achievement.
- Attitude & approach: collaborative approach to road maps, with the ability to work as part of a team. Ability to facilitate discussion for the product roadmap.
- Product management and delivery: able to contribute to the whole lifecycle of a product. Ability to work to tight times scales, to innovate, and ‘think outside the box’ to deliver products and solutions that meet customer requirements. Able to identify and schedule activities and resources in order to meet objectives.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills. Able to work with suppliers, customers and colleagues alike. Be seen as a credible expert on the subject.
- Industry awareness: good knowledge of key technologies relevant to products. Clear vision of how technology is evolving in key business areas & what differentiates products/solutions.
- Commercial awareness: able to demonstrate awareness of and contribution to Tikit’s commercial strategies including understanding of the external environment such as competitors and associated products and services. Able to undertake risk analysis at each stage in the lifecycle.
- Market analysis: understand the key drivers, competitive pressures, business imperatives which affect the market relating to the product. Understand the degree to which a product or service meets the need of the market.
- Business applications & tools: able to use the standard business tools provided for you in your role and to work across the business in a standardised manner.
- Product documentation: able to produce clear and logical product documentation e.g. product catalogues, on-line content (both internal and customer facing), product white papers, thought leadership pieces that drive high levels of customer satisfaction. Self-directing, results orientated, positive, determined and inclusive
- Technical capability: while not a directly technical role the job holder will need to have a good understanding of the technologies associated with the Marketing and CRM ecosystem and be able to discuss these with marketing teams. Examples are:
- HTML – reasonable level of understanding of html and ability to edit html directly
- Sender reputation and associated deliverability technologies such as DMARC
- IT infrastructure such as SQL server and Windows server, rights and permissions
To apply please forward your current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please no agencies)