Payroll & Accounts Assistant
This purpose of this role is to replace several accounting tasks that are at the moment performed by the in house central shared services.
This role will help support the payroll and accounts process within the Tikit business. As part of this role you will be responsible for running the monthly payroll, which includes but not limited to calculating statutory payments, issuing of payslips and P45s and any monthly adjustments required.
You are authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when you need to do so to perform your operational duties. Any other access, use, or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority from the information owner.
What you’ll be doing:
Activities will include and are not limited to:
- Payroll runs in SAGE Payroll and all HMRC related monthly payroll submissions including Full Payment Submissions (FPS) and PAYE/NIC liability payments to be prepared for approval.
- P11D and PSA annual returns to HMRC.
- Pension provider payments for monthly employee and employer contributions
- Equiniti monthly payment for employee and company share scheme contribution.
- Journal processing and reconciliations related to payroll
- Journal posting related Accounts Payable and Accounts receivable
- Processing supplier invoices and purchase order verification
- Supplier reconciliations
- Journal posting related to Fixed Assets, Intangibles and Prepayments
- Bank Account reconciliations
- Other ah-hoc related duties
The skills and experience you need
- Previous experience with as Accounts Assistant and payroll processing (essential)
- Confidence with Excel and the manipulation of data in spreadsheets is also a key requirement.
- SAGE 1000 and SAGE Payroll (not essential)
Professional Certifications –
- AAT Qualified or Part-qualified. Non-qualified could be considered with relevant previous experience.
Attitude & approach:
- Hands-on approach as the role is very diverse
- Engaging and collaborative with all finance team
- An eye for detail and thoroughness alongside being proficient and efficient.
- Good communication skills, comfortable speaking with customers, suppliers and colleagues.