P4W Applications Support Analyst
Responsible for assisting clients on Tikit products. Support for this involves using the Support System to assign logged calls from the team queue and respond to them. In addition, the analyst will be responsible supporting the developed integration of third party products that Tikit products integrate with.
The Support Team has adopted ISO 9001 so you will need to ensure that response and fix times as set in the standard are met. Calls are expected to be done to a high standard with client satisfaction the primary focus. Calls are followed up with an automated survey and the team are driven to achieve a targeted satisfaction rate. You should ensure you adhere to, and follow, the ISO procedures the company has adopted at all times.
You are authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when you need to do so to perform your operational duties. Any other access, use, or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority from the information owner.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for assisting clients on Tikit products. Support for this involves using the Support System to assign logged calls from the team queue and respond to them. In addition, the analyst will be responsible supporting the developed integration of third party products that Tikit products integrate with.
- Ensure the support line is picked up quickly and answered as described in our best practice document. Never leave the support line ringing if you are not on the phone at the time.
- Our Clients expect to get regular updates on their active incidents and any required updates should be responded to within the ISO standards and targets.
- Our core applications use a Microsoft SQL database. As such you are expected within the role to learn Microsoft SQL syntax and Microsoft SQL Server to a high level.
- Part of the role will involve supporting our product across a number of different Microsoft operating systems / platforms, including Terminal services and Citrix.
- Liaising with the client is primarily by phone or email if phone contact is not possible. You are expected to ensure the support incidents on the system are kept updated so they reflect an accurate representation of the communication you have had with the client and the current state of the call. This is so that your call could be taken on by another of the team without requiring further input from yourself.
- You are expected to continually develop your understanding of the products and use your own initiative to do this. Training requirements should be discussed with your line manager.
- In the event of issues being identified as a software fault you are expected to raise the necessary documentation and support QA where appropriate.
- From time to time it is likely members of the team will be required to do remote support and be on call for clients out of hours and at the weekend. This is compensated at an appropriate overtime charge.
- When running any changes to live data you will ensure a suitable backup of the data taken.
- Where consultancy or chargeable work is identified you will liaise with Sales / Consultancy.
- Ensure your line manager is made aware of any potential serious issues and kept updated on any issues that have been escalated.
- Remain courteous to the client and any area of concern is highlighted to your line manager.
- It is expected that you will handle a wide variety of calls and be always happy to take calls off the support queue regardless of complexity.
- All communication whether to client or colleagues should be professional with a high standard of written and spoken English. Absolutely no slang or shortening of words is acceptable in any communication.
- You are expected to be at your desk, ready and fit for work for your contractual start time.
The skills and experience you need
- Undergraduate degree in a computing related course is desirable.
- GCSE’s (A – C grade) in English and Maths.
- A Levels or equivalent in Maths and Computing or an IT GSCE would be an advantage.
- At least 1 years’ experience in an IT environment either as part of a placement year or as a previous role.
- Have a strong interest in SQL (Structured Query Language) or programming concepts and paradigms. Ideally would be able to demonstrate an understanding of SQL or coding Structure.
- Some experience in a customer facing role where you have used your conversational skills to communicate with the customer via the phone or face to face.
- Should have a good understanding of the core Microsoft Office desktop products such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of other Microsoft products would be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of Adobe products would be desirable.
- A good understanding of what a Document Management System is would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance appropriately when required.
- Good telephone manner with excellent, clear communication and interpersonal skills.