Data Transfer Analyst (EMEA Professional Services)
The key purpose of the role is to provide a data transfer service to successfully migrate data from new and existing customers’ Third Party Document Management systems into Netdocuments and to migrate third party practice management databases into MS SQL based Partner for Windows.
What you’ll be doing:
a) Transferring / migrating data from third party systems into Tikit’s software, to the highest possible standards using standard conversion scripts and techniques.
b) Transferring / migrating data from third party systems into NetDocuments, to the highest possible standards using standard conversion scripts and techniques
c) Analysing customer requirements to create accurate migration specifications / statements of work. This activity will occasionally take place on the clients’ site.
d) Leading on the development of transfer scripts, techniques and procedures relating to data transfers.
e) Writing and producing technical documentation relating to data transfers
f) Acting as 2nd line support where problems arise from data transfers.
g) Assisting with the checking of transferred data to ensure accuracy.
h) Occasionally assisting other technical teams in Tikit utilising the skills of this role where required
i) Ensuring that we deliver data transfers to the highest possible standards and client satisfaction means that weekend and evening working will be required at times for live data conversions..
j) Working with subject matter experts and project teams to identify, define, collate, document and communicate data migration requirements and strategies.
k) Managing assigned risks and monitoring potential impacts as part of the data migration plan
l) Helping to developing best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities
m) Being aware of the importance of data security and ensuring that all migrations follow the company’s standards and any additional standard clients may apply
The skills and experience you need:
- Experience of relational databases, primarily Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience of manipulating data with a variety of tools such as SQL Server and MS Access etc.
- Strong T-SQL and SQL Management Studio experience, good analytical skills, and solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and to pre-agreed timelines.
- A logical approach to problem solving and the ability to solve increasingly complex problems.
- Ability to communicate accurately and inspire confidence
- Positive and professional attitude to work and colleagues within a demanding environment
- IT Qualifications – preferably computing degree or appropriate experience in computing
- This position will require evening and weekend working from time to time and sometimes at short notice. Overtime or time off in lieu is granted at these times but the jobholder must be prepared to work anti-social hours if required.
To apply please forward your current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please no agencies)