Data Transfer Analyst
What you’ll be doing:
- Transferring / migrating data from third party systems into Tikit and Tikit Partnered software, as per specifications and to the highest possible standards.
- Analysing customer requirements to create accurate migration specifications / statements of work. This activity will occasionally take place on the clients’ site.
- The development of transfer scripts, techniques, tools and procedures relating to data transfers.
- Writing and contributing to technical documentation relating to data transfers
- Acting as support where problems arise from data transfers.
- Assisting with the checking of transferred data to ensure accuracy.
- Occasionally assisting other technical teams in Tikit utilising the skills of this role where required
- Ensuring that we deliver data transfers in line with live business operations, this means that weekend and evening working will be required at times for data conversions.
- Managing assigned risks and monitoring potential impacts as part of the data migration plan
- Comply with data security and ensuring that all migrations, communications and data processing follow the company’s rules and standards
- Follow requests and complete calls/tasks set out by your line or department manager. To provide them with timely and concise updates on the issue. These should be self-prioritised unless directed.
- You are expected to continually develop your understanding of our products and use your own initiative to do this. Training requirements should be discussed with your line manager.
- When running any changes to live data you will ensure a suitable backup of the data taken
- Ensure your line manager is made aware of any potential serious issues and kept updated on any issues that have been escalated.
- Remain courteous to the client, third parties and partnered companies and any area of concern is highlighted to your line manager.
The skills and experience you need:
- An excellent working knowledge of: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 – 2019, T-SQL scripting, Microsoft SQL Profiler
- Good working knowledge of Document Management, Case Management and Client Matter Managements systems.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-IT clients and colleagues.
- Experience of delivering chargeable work and/or implementation of software.
- A working knowledge of: Netdocuments or other Document Management systems, Legal Practice Management Systems
- Experience in working with a cloud IT product.
- Will be expected to adopt priorities and engage in activities which promote the effective working of the whole team.
- Set a positive and professional example to all colleagues, Tikit partners and customers. To develop a positive and trusted relationship with all departments across Tikit.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance appropriately when required.
- Good telephone/email manner with excellent, clear communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to nurture a positive image of the company and to adhere and positively contribute to the company’s rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture.
- Good at understanding business impact and working practices when dealing with customers.