Accounts Support Analyst – Maternity Cover
The Accounts Support Analyst is primarily responsible for providing assistance and expertise on the accounts module of Partner for Windows software. Responsible for assisting clients on Tikit products primarily on the accounting functions. Support for this involves using the Tikit Support System to assign logged calls from the system and respond to them. In addition the analyst will be responsible supporting the developed integration of third party products that Tikit products integrate with.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure the support line is picked up quickly and answered as described in our best practice document, never leave the support line ringing if not on the phone at the time.
- At all times you must remain courteous to the client and any areas of concern are highlighted to your line manager.
- Clients are expected to get regular updates on their active call logs and any required update to be responded to within the ISO standards and targets.
- Our core applications use a Microsoft SQL database; as such you are expected within the role to learn Microsoft SQL syntax and Microsoft SQL Server to a high level.
- Liaison with the clients is primarily by phone and email when phone contact is not possible. You are expected to ensure the support logs on the system are kept updated so they reflect an accurate representation of the communication you have had with the client and the state of the call so that at any time your call could be taken on by another member of the team without requiring further input from yourself.
- All communication within Tikit whether to clients or colleagues should be professional with a high standard of written and spoken English.
- Absolutely no slang or shortening of words is acceptable in any communication.
- You are expected to continually develop your understanding of the products and use your own initiative to do this. Training requirements should be highlighted to your line manager.
- In the event of an issue being identified as software fault you are expected to raise the necessary documentation and support QA where appropriate.
- The company adopts an appraisal system which you will take part in and ensure you give useful feedback to your line manager.
- From time to time you will receive internal communications (such as surveys), you are expected to provide input into this and fill out honestly.
- To fit in with the shift patterns agreed within the team (8:00am to 4.30pm & 9:00am to 5:30pm)). You are expected to ensure you are at your desk and ready to work to fit in line with the appropriate time.
- From time to time it is likely members of the team will be required to do remote support and be on call for clients out of hours and at the weekend. This is compensated at an appropriate overtime charge.
- You are expected to follow the procedures for data handling when dealing with clients data, clients data should be treated with the strictest confidentiality and must not be disclosed outside of those within the company requiring the information to resolve the issue.
a) When running any changes to live data you will ensure a suitable backup of the data is taken.
b)Where consultancy or chargeable work is identified you will liaise with Sales and/or consultancy.
- Ensure your line manager is made aware of any potential serious issues and kept updated on any issue that has been escalated.
- Good telephone manner with an excellent, clear communication and interpersonal skills
- The Support Team has adopted ISO 9001:2008 you will therefore need to ensure that response and fix times as set in the standard are met. Calls are expected to be done to a good standard with client satisfaction very important. Calls are followed up with a survey with the team expected to achieve a targeted satisfaction rate. You should ensure you adhere with the ISO procedures the company has adopted and ensure these are followed.
- It is expected for you to be able to handle a wide variety of calls and to be always happy to take calls of the support queue regardless of complexity.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance appropriately when required.
The skills and experience you need:
- Qualifications- GCSE’s A-C in Maths and English, A Levels or equivalent would be an advantage particularly in computing or mathematics, Undergraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Have a strong interest in accounting/legal accounting
- Some experience in customer facing role where you have used your conversational skills to communicate with the customer via phone or face to face.
- Should be competent in Microsoft Office Suite; notably MS Excel. Knowledge of other Microsoft products would be an advantage
- IT GCSE equivalent or better qualifications would be an advantage.
- Strong interest in learning database administration, particularly MS SQL Server.
- At least 1 years experience in an accounts or IT environment either as part of a placement year or as a previous role.
To apply please forward your current CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please no agencies)