Business Process Management (BPM) is a methodical and logical approach to improving a firm's business procedures. It effectively works like a GPS system for businesses.
All firms can benefit from Business Process Management:
Where it fits in the legal practice:
For more information about Tikit BPM solutions, please contact email@example.com
Workflow processes can be used in a variety of different ways and offer many solutions. The predominant example given is the case intake or client and matter inception but it should be emphasised that any process within a firm could benefit from a BPM approach. Firms often use BPM to simplify and streamline their processes which can be labour-intensive, involving the filling-in and routing of several different forms and involve a number of different users and departments.
Example Case Intake
A typical BPM CMI process can:
• Single point of capture of all relevant data via dynamic forms
• Automatic allocation of tasks based on defined roles
• Creation of records in PMS, CRM and DMS systems
• Automated production of terms of business and other documentation
• Apply consistent search rules
• Search results are forwarded to the relevant business user
• Presented for review using a clear and user-friendly interface
• Conflict search retained in database
• Collection of money laundering identity information
• AML Process is initiated from Client Matter Inception and/or can go direct to named web-sites for linked money laundering functions
• Reminders and escalation process are automatically controlled
• Identity database to store proof of identity for re-use
Existing security within the firm can be applied to any process and a permanent audit trail is automatically maintained so that the user actions can be verified at any later date.
All processes can be monitored against rules and both timely reminders and escalation processes invoked. Extensive reporting facilities are available giving either graphical, spreadsheet or word-based reports.
Financial Processes, including:
- Cheque Requests
- Desktop Billing
• Case Management workflow for all disciplines:
- Litigation - monitoring of rules and diary dates and tasks
- Property - automating the process from start to finish
- Corporate/commercial - case checklists
- Private Client - ensuring regular updates and client care
- Case Reviews both internal and external
- Task and Appointment Scheduling
- Matter Budgeting
- Credit Control
• Internal Processes, e.g.
- Joiners and leavers
- IT Helpdesk
- Absence Management
”Data Protection Audits are risky projects, but using the Tikit eMarketing Suite has definitely paid off. The response rate has been really impressive with great comments from our clients. The quality of data we receive is very high”.
Sarah Parker, Database Manager at Shoosmiths
See full case study >
23rd April 2013
Unlocking the Power of Mobile Time Recording
Carpe Diem Mobile v2.0 is now available to download from the iTunes App Store. The latest ...
24th January 2013
Tikit joins BT PLC
BT PLC welcomes Tikit into its portfolio of specialist businesses. Tim Springham, CEO Desi...