QlikTech is a leader Business Discovery - user-driven Business Intelligence. The company is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world serving more than 16,000 customers in over 100 countries.
QlikTech's powerful, accessible Business Discovery solution bridges the gap between traditional business intelligence and office productivity applications. Its QlikView Business Discovery platform enables intuitive user-driven analysis that can be implemented in days or weeks. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered allows users to explore information freely. QlikView Business Discovery works with existing BI applications and adds new capabilities: insight for everyone, zero-wait analysis, mobility, an app-like model, remixability, and a social, collaborative experience.
Business Discovery bridges the gap between traditional BI solutions and standalone office productivity applications. It is what is next in BI.
Business Discovery helps users get to the information they need to solve specific problems and share knowledge and analysis among individuals, groups, and organizations to make better decisions.
Business Discovery is a bottoms-up approach that puts the user in control. The old way of doing business intelligence is a top-down approach in which everything is centralized. Traditional BI software has been hard for end users to learn and use and as a result, adoption is limited.
The QlikView Business Discovery platform infuses new capability into BI:
• Insight for everyone: the consumerization of software brought ease of use so that everyone in an organization can create insight from information and analysis. Businesses can extend insight to the edges of their organization, enabling every person to do their jobs smarter and faster than ever.
• Mobility: gain answers in the warehouse, on the customer site, or on the trade show floor. iPads and other tablets promise to make business data availability ubiquitous.
• Zero-wait analysis: radically collapses time to insight with zero-wait, instantaneous results. Users simply call up data, ask questions, and receive answers as they need them, on their own.
• App-like model: quickly develop and deploy simple, focused, and intuitive apps that can be easily reused. These apps are easy to modify, mash up, and share and allow user quickly develop and deploy task-specific, purpose-built BI apps.
• Remixability and reassembly: business users can easily remix and reassemble data in new views and create new visualizations for deeper understanding
• Social and collaborative experience: Often the real value of a discovery is unlocked when a minor breakthrough in one part of the company leads to a major one elsewhere. Users can share insights within the app or through integration with collaboration platforms to create a community of users who engage in wiki-like decision-making to drive knowledge across an organization.
The in-memory associative search technology pioneered by QlikTech means QlikView Business Discovery users are not limited to predefined paths they must follow, or questions they must formulate ahead of time. Users ask what they need to ask, and explore up, down, and sideways rather than only drilling down.
Business Discovery is complementary to traditional BI software and other enterprise applications. It brings a whole new level of analysis, insight, and value to existing data stores with user interfaces that are clean, simple, and straightforward.
QlikView Business Discovery can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device-from a single user to large global enterprises.